I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with family and friends! For my part, in addition to the usual gratitude for health and happiness, this year I have a bunch of extra thanks to give, for:
- Cynthia, who is as knowledgeable, caring, and supportive as you could ask an agent to be;
- Ed, who is as brilliant at concepts and plots as he is with words;
- Liz and the Thomas & Mercer team, who make you feel far more talented and supported than you deserve;
- Maddee & the Xuni team, who are as creative and artistic as they are friendly and welcoming;
- and all the other people who help you finish a book—the people who answer questions, who read drafts, who listen to you vent about all the things that aren’t going exactly right.
Getting TAKEOFF out into the world is a lifelong dream come true, but would never have happened without all of these people and so I can’t thank them enough for all they’ve done!
I’ve taken a couple of weeks away from the blog for travel and turkey basting, but now that I’m back, I’m planning to put up a couple of posts this week for when everyone emerges from their tryptophan-induced slumber, so stay tuned!